The aim and purpose of this mission-shaped ministry course is to equip people to become more confident in their faith, deepen their understanding of mission and equip them to reach out beyond their own church community with the Gospel message. The course is particularly geared to the first 3 of the 4 marks for mission, with the application of those possibly leading to new things in 4 and 5 depending on your own mission context. Successfully engaging with the course should allow participants to see new opportunities for growing God’s Kingdom.
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom
- To teach, baptise and nurture new believers
- To respond to human need by loving service
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society, to challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth
The course will be held on Wednesday evenings from 7pm till 9pm on a fortnightly basis from March to June and again from September to November as outlined below. Details of the venue are still to be finalised. The cost per participant is £36. We are very grateful to the Presbytery of Edinburgh who have agreed to underwrite core funding.
If this is of interest to you or anyone in your congregation, can you please let Norman Smith and Fiona Tweedie know:
For more information contact Fiona and Norman using the form below: